Settle in Surry!
Business Parks Ready for Occupancy
Join us at the county celebrates its history. The county will be hosting special events of the next year.
Westwood Industrial Park, Mount Airy, NC. 103 acres in established park with all utilities. Multiple building options or one site.
Elkin Corporate Park, Elkin, NC. 29 acres, 11 pre-graded with all utilities. Potential 50,000-sq/ft building that can expand to 300,000 sq/ft
Surry County is on the edge of one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas of the East Coast which offers citizens access to urban amenities and cultural attractions.
The Surry County/Mount Airy airport has a runway length of 4,305 feet. It is in the process of being lengthened to 5,500 feet.
Surry County is approximately 300 miles from four ports on the east coast; Norfolk, VA, Morehead City, NC, Wilmington, NC and Charleston, SC.
In Surry County you have about an hour’s drive time to the Piedmont Triad International Airport and one hour and 30 minutes from the Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
Surry County is 538 square miles that include four rivers, the Mitchell, Ararat, Fisher, and Yadkin Rivers.
Surry County has two hospitals that provide regional health care. Northern Hospital of Surry County in Mount Airy and Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital in Elkin.
WNC: MADE X MTNS Launches Innovative Building Outdoor Communities Program
Launch Event & Workshop welcomed over 100 attendees representing 22 counties and Qualla Boundary. WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA —September 21, 2022— The WNC: MADE X MTNS Partnership officially launched the Building Outdoor Communities Program (BOC) on September...
- Population, 2018 71,948% 71,948%
- Unemployment Rate, December 2019 3.3% 3.3%
- Labor Force, December 2019 34,287% 34,287%
- Number Unemployed, December 2019 persons 1,131% persons 1,131%
- Average Weekly Wage, 2nd Q 2019 $721.00% $721.00%
- 2019-2020 Surry County Property Tax Rate (per $100) $0.582% $0.582%
- County Building Permits Issued, 2019 $54,939,587% $54,939,587%
- Gross Retail Sales, November 2019 $81,345,707% $81,345,707%
- Median Household Income, 2018 $41,068% $41,068%
- Per Capita Income, 2018 $23,957% $23,957%
- Crime Rate, 2014 (per 100,000) persons 174.3% persons 174.3%
- Tourism Expenditures, 2018 $130.90 million% $130.90 million%
- 2020 Tier Designation 2% 2%
- Land Area sq mi 532 % sq mi 532 %
- Persons Per Square Mile, 2018 persons 135.2% persons 135.2%
- 2018 Median Age 43% 43%