The Surry County Hometown Revitalization Grant is now available!
If you are a local small business located in Surry County with under 50 employees, you can apply for a grant for up to $2,500. The Duke Energy Foundation has partnered with the Surry County Economic Development Foundation to provide these grants to our local small businesses to help relieve some of the financial stress caused by the COVD 19 Pandemic. If your small business has had to “pivot” to stay open, maintain operations or even grow during this time, this grant may be for you! Please download the application and answer a few questions. Return the application o the Surry County Economic Development Partnership by the 30th of December. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 336-401-9900 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nestled behind the Pike building by the Mount Airy/Surry County airport is a big operation with a name that is known, yet many struggle to pronounce. The Altec Industries logo is splashed on the side of work trucks all around the area, whether they be the TruGreen...
- Population, 2020 71,359% 71,359%
- Unemployment Rate, September 2021 3.4% 3.4%
- Labor Force, September 2021 32,760% 32,760%
- Number Unemployed, September 2021 persons 1,121% persons 1,121%
- Average Weekly Wage, 1st Q 2021 $756.00% $756.00%
- 2021-2022 Surry County Property Tax Rate (per $100) $0.552% $0.552%
- County Building Permits Issued, 2020 $59,600,847% $59,600,847%
- Gross Retail Sales, August 2021 $103,369,667% $103,369,667%
- Median Household Income, 2019 $43,597% $43,597%
- Per Capita Income, 2019 $26,429% $26,429%
- Crime Rate, 2018 (per 100,000) persons 89% persons 89%
- Tourism Expenditures, 2020 $130.90 million% $130.90 million%
- 2021 Tier Designation 2% 2%
- Land Area sq mi 532 % sq mi 532 %
- Persons Per Square Mile, 2020 persons 134.0% persons 134.0%
- 2019 Median Age 43% 43%